Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mark's turn!


Alright... so far so good. Nikki has been the big blogger on this but I plan to chime in from time to time. I've actually worried more about getting a job and finding a place to live than this blog. Good for Nikki though because this is important both for communication now for our memories later.

Melbourne is a great town. Everything we were looking to experience. Big buildings, 11 million people, cool restauraunts, everything at your doorstep. As a matter of fact we have had at least 10 different ethnicities of food (I think that is how you'd say it). Bangladeshi food is magnificent!!! Federation Square is a great hangout. We've spent a lot of time down there for the free internet. Here's a link: http://www.federationsquare.com.au/ Very cool place!

As Nikki said in another post, we have a 23rd/24th floor apartment (they call it the 23rd floor but it's actually the 24th). I am actually sitting in our hotel killing off some time right now because we can't get in until 4:30. Kind've nervous about the place. I saw so many apartments they all just kind've blended into one. All I remember about the place was that had a great view... beyond that I don't remember. Being the detail oriented person (sarcasm) that I am, I failed to remember whether it has laundry or a fridge when we were deciding on which places to stay... turns out it has neither. Oh well, screw it, it is a high rise in the middle of an 11 million person town.

No comments: