Monday, March 23, 2009

A little slower weekend.


As I meander through my semi-retirement (September is gonna suck). Nichole stays quite busy. So busy in fact, that she has not had time to update the blog. As I hone my Aussie food critic writing ability on this blog she is writing ethics papers towards a master's degree. We say tomato they say tomotto. So, after the big few weeks between Sydney/Brisbane/Tasmania we needed a bit of a break. Actually, Nichole needed a break (I've been on a break for about 8 months now). So, we stayed in Melbs this weekend. Nikki caught up on her sleep on Friday night while I went to a local pub that served boutique beers. Which, while I am on the subject... the Aussies really have no middle ground when it comes to beer. Either they drink VB/Toohey's/etc. (Bud/Miller equivalents) or they drink snobby beer out of a wine glass. Yes, I said wine glass. Beer should drank from a mug or a mason jar, maybe a pilsner glass, but never from a wine glass. I thought I was becoming a snob back in Washington when I moved away from Miller Lite, but this is ridiculous!
Now that was the start of the night. After sampling a few beers I hopped on a tram that took me about halfway home. Apparently after midnight the tram only goes halfway. So, I had to walk another mile or so home. Then I am taking the elevator up and the thing gets stuck! After holding the alarm button down for a while and talking to the emergency guy talking to me, he determined that it would take a mechanic to come down. So, since it was getting pretty late at this point, I thought I might lay back and take a little nap. I woke up an hour later (2:30 am) in the basement with the doors wie open, and no mechanic to be found. So, I just strolled up to the apartment a bit confused and apprehensive of the elevator (not nearly appehensive enough to walk 23 floors).
We also hit a pre-comedy festival show. Got free tickets. It was a good show, and we're hoping to catch some of th main shows.

No comments: