Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm a little excited for the NFL season!


The footy season here is holding me over well but it is no NFL. I would like to take this moment to really appreciate the internet. I watched the Bears preseason game the other day (live). Moreover, I can download it within 24 hours and watch it in full 1080 HD! Isn't that glorious? I am on the other side of the planet of my precious Chicago Bears and yet I heard the Kyle Orton/Rex Grossman news as quick as if I was in Chicago. Also, I listen to 5-6 different Chicago sports talk shows every morning on the way to work (podcasts). By the way Nixon, I loved your philosophical comment on to my wife's last blog.
I participated in my first of three fantasy football drafts yesterday. Which will keep me in touch with three different groups of friends. Anyone back in the States can call my or Nikki's cell phone to talk football and it will reach us here (call in the evenings please). And this blog right here is a great way to check in with everyone on their own terms. This is when my nerd side really helps out. Thank goodness my cool side is just so overpowering you wouldn't even know I had the nerd side.

p.s. I'd like to make an early prediction on the NFL season. I predict the Bears going 19-0 and winning the Super Bowl. You heard it here first!

No comments: