Friday, September 12, 2008

Pulled over on a bike

Melbourne Cops are quite nice...
The other night I spent the evening working in the wood shop at Adass Israel School, working on a coffee table for the flat. After I was done I went out with the shop teacher for a few beers. He pointed out he had an extra bike I could use for the year. I have one for my self but, being the considerate husband that I am, I thought my beloved could use one too. I have a helmet at home because I was told the Melbourne Cops are sticklers for the helmet rule but I didn't have it with me. Oops. They pulled me over right downtown. By the way, you can get a DUI on a bike(I know this from college, another time I was pulled over on a bike after a lot more beers). Mind you I had only had a few beers but I have no idea what the laws are here. So, I am a bit freaked out and then they ask for ID... my passport was at home, and I obviously have no Victoria driver's license. Luckily however, I did have my Washington state license, and even more luckily they let me go with a warning (must've been the scared look on my face).

Few people can claim they have been pulled over on a bike once let alone twice. Not only that but I have been pulled over on a 4 wheeler as well. Just luck I guess.

Off to Daylesford this weekend. It's a little touristy town with mineral springs, we'll let you know I'm sure. Oh, and I have no update on the toilet situation. Still haven't seen one that turns. I have filled a sink up a few times, but it isn't definitive and not nearly as cool. Stay tuned.

No comments: