Thursday, April 9, 2009

Busy, busy, busy


I just realized it has been a fair bit of time since I last posted. I have been quite busy as of late. Not with work (let's not be silly). As much as I miss having a car, and as much as I complain about public transport, I love riding a bike around everywhere. It has made me a lot less chubby and is a great way to see the city. The other day, my British mate Stuey and I went on the Yarra valley trail. Which was essentially a nature trail all the way through the city. You wouldn't even believe your in the middle of a city of 4 million. It felt like I was biking through the woods. This city is great for a bike.
Also, last week I went fishing for the first time in Australia. Note, I went fishing not catching. The highlight was driving through the area of the fires. The state of Victoria is quite a change from the rest of this country. It is quite green and mountainous. Not quite Montana Mountainous but beautiful all the same. The path that the fires went through was incredibly depressing. I just couldn't grasp the destruction. There were entire towns that were destroyed. We went through Marysville and it was like a bomb went off. The whole city was gone. All burned down. Imagine Red Lodge was just wiped out. The forest however was already starting to grow back, which really showed Nature's resiliency.
I've also hit three comedy shows for the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
These are the things I did last week. As for Nikki... she worked and went to school. I love being a kept man.

No comments: